Click image to enlarge
Nutritional information per serving:
Nutritional value per serving
|of which saturates
|of which sugars
One serving of this recipe counts as 2
of your 5-A-DAY target of fruit and vegetable portions.
Chicken breast, green lentils and mushroom with bacon and mustard
Our beautifully rich lentils with a lovely roast chicken breast, perfect for a mid-week dinner with a glass of red wine. Classic, quick and delicious.
- 4 free-range chicken breasts skin-on
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 x 265g canned green lentils
- 4 x rashers streaky smoked bacon
- 1 x 400g can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 x large onion
- 2 x carrots
- 1 x stick celery
- 2tsp chopped thyme
- 2tsp chopped oregano
- 1 tsp English mustard
- Juice of half a lemon
- Handful fresh parsley
- Good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Season the breasts with salt and pepper and sear, skin down in a hot pan until brown. Transfer to the oven with a squeeze of lemon and the crushed garlic and roast for 15-20 minutes at 180°C fan.
- Chop the bacon and fry until crispy and the fat has rendered out, remove and reserve.
- In the same pan add finely diced onion, carrot and celery and sweat down slowly on a low heat until caramelised. Add the herbs.
- Add the drained green lentils, the mushroom soup, the bacon and a tsp of English mustard, bring to a low simmer and heat through for five minutes.
- To serve, slice the chicken breasts, top with the lentils, drizzle over some olive oil and scatter with some finely chopped parsley.
© 2017 Canned Food UK, all rights reserved